Letting out Your Caravan or Lodge
WHY SHOULD I ADVERTISE MY CARAVAN OR LODGE TO LET?
Many Holiday Home owners rent out their Caravan or Lodge during the busy holiday periods to generate additional income to help offset running costs such as ground rent, utilities and general upkeep.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO ADVERTISE MY CARAVAN OR LODGE?
£100 per year to advertise your Caravan or Lodge, our letting section is purely a platform where you can tell people visiting our site that your Holiday Home is for hire.
You can provide up to 10 photographs of your Caravan or Lodge, a description of the caravan park and your contact details.
The enquires come directly to you, you manage your bookings, simple!
The Caravan Estate Agent does not get involved in any communication between yourselves or the people letting your Caravan or Lodge.
The Lettings section is not covered within the Property Ombudsman agreement.
This is purely an advertising platform to help you advertise that you accept lettings for your holiday home.
When renting out your Caravan or Lodge it is your responsibility to meet for both legal and moral requirements to ensure that your paying guests are safe and know what to do and who to contact in the event of an emergency (what ever time of day or night), some of these aspects are listed below;
• An up to date landlord’s Gas Safety Certificate must be obtained annually and displayed in your Caravan or Lodge.
• Your Caravan or Lodge must have a fixed electrical installation certificate.
• Any electrical appliances older than 12 months old must be tested and a P.A.T. (Portable Appliance Test) certificate obtained annually.
• Make sure your Caravan or Lodge has a fire extinguisher (that is in date) and ideally a fire blanket, display these items prominently ideally in the kitchen area.
• Make sure you holiday home as at least one smoke alarm and you must test regularly.
• You must have a Carbon Monoxide (CO2) detector fitted in your caravan, again test it regularly.
• A TV License – If you sublet your caravan you will need to purchase an additional license to cover your Caravan or Lodge accommodation.
• Health and Safety checks including preparing a risk assessment and safety policy may be required and are most certainly advisable display details of what the customer is expected to do in the event of an emergency ie. how they raise a fire alarm, where the nearest fire points to your caravan are, who to contact on park in the event of an emergency, etc.
• Public Liability insurance is required to protect you and your guests in case of accidents or injury whilst staying at your Caravan or Lodge. Your insurance provider will be able to advise you on this issue.
• You will need to inform your caravan insurer that you intend to rent out your Caravan or Lodge, this may increase your premium but it is essential in the event of a claim.
The responsibility for the above is with you the owner letting the Caravan or Lodge and not the responsibility of Caravan Estate Agent Ltd.
Property Ombudsman do not cover the lettings section on Caravan Estate Agent Ltd.