Letting out Your Caravan or Lodge

Many Holiday Home owners rent out their Caravan or Lodge during the busy holiday periods to generate additional income to help offset running costs such as ground rent, utilities and general upkeep.


£100 per year to advertise your Caravan or Lodge, our letting section is purely a platform where you can tell people visiting our site that your Holiday Home is for hire.

You can provide up to 10 photographs of your Caravan or Lodge, a description of the caravan park and your contact details.

The enquires come directly to you, you manage your bookings, simple!

The Caravan Estate Agent does not get involved in any communication between yourselves or the people letting your Caravan or Lodge.

The Lettings section is not covered within the Property Ombudsman agreement.

This is purely an advertising platform to help you advertise that you accept lettings for your holiday home.

When renting out your Caravan or Lodge it is your responsibility to meet for both legal and moral requirements to ensure that your paying guests are safe and know what to do and who to contact in the event of an emergency (what ever time of day or night), some of these aspects are listed below;

•  An up to date landlord’s Gas Safety Certificate must be obtained annually and displayed in your Caravan or Lodge.
•  Your Caravan or Lodge must have a fixed electrical installation certificate.
•  Any electrical appliances older than 12 months old must be tested and a P.A.T. (Portable Appliance Test) certificate obtained annually.
•  Make sure your Caravan or Lodge has a fire extinguisher (that is in date) and ideally a fire blanket, display these items prominently  ideally in the  kitchen area.
•  Make sure you holiday home as at least one smoke alarm and you must test regularly.
•  You must have a Carbon Monoxide (CO2) detector fitted in your caravan, again test it regularly.
•  A TV License – If you sublet your caravan you will need to purchase an additional license to cover your Caravan or Lodge accommodation.
•  Health and Safety checks including preparing a risk assessment and safety policy may be required and are most certainly advisable  display details of what the customer is expected to do in the event of an emergency  ie. how they raise a fire alarm, where the nearest fire points to your caravan are, who to contact on park in the event of an emergency, etc.
•  Public Liability insurance is required to protect you and your guests in case of accidents or injury whilst staying at your Caravan or Lodge. Your insurance provider will be able to advise you on this issue.
•  You will need to inform your caravan insurer that you intend to rent out your Caravan or Lodge, this may increase your premium but it is essential in the event of a claim.

The responsibility for the above is with you the owner letting the Caravan or Lodge and not the responsibility of Caravan Estate Agent Ltd.

Property Ombudsman do not cover the lettings section on Caravan Estate Agent Ltd.


Need a Valuation?


By submitting this form, you agree that we may contact you about Holiday Homes we think might interest you using the details you have provided.
Thank you for contacting us.

There was an error while sending your message.

Please wait...


Sign up to our email alerts!


We will notify you as soon as a Holiday Home in your search criteria comes on the market.



Don't just take our word for it!


Write about your experience with us at Caravan Estate Agent or read all our current reviews.
read all

Latest News

Keep up to date


Catch up on Holiday Home news from within the area or find out what's going on at Caravan Estate Agent.
read all
IE8 Alert! Cookie Alert!

To get the best possible experience using our website we recommend you upgrade to a modern web browser. More info